What is a Bitcoin SV wallet?
A Bitcoin SV wallet is an application that allows you to send or receive payments in BSV. BSV wallets are free to use.
An important feature of BSV wallets is that its users enjoy pseudo anonimity, in that they are anonymous unless they associate their used (bitcoin SV) address with their real life identity. Users can keep creating as many addresses as they wish for self-set privacy.
Your private key is the password to your wallet and comes in the form of a mnemonic seed phrase. To access your funds all you need is one device connected to the internet and a “wallet app” (for mobile phones) or “wallet software” (for PCs).
After downloading a Bitcoin SV wallet you can start receiving and sending bitcoin cash to other people’s wallets. In each case make sure to write down your back up phrase (mnemonic seed phrase) so even if you lose your phone you can access your funds from any other device by entering the seed phrase
The top Bitcoin SV (BSV) wallet apps we recommend for freelancers
These are the top 3 wallets we recommend as of 3/11/2019:
- Simply Cash is a reliable and user friendly open source mobile wallet available both on iOS and Android.
- Centbee Wallet is available on mobile for both Android and iOS. It is user friendly and has unique features such as an integrated map showing nearby merchants that accept BSV. The app comes with a “password” feature so that even if you forget your phone unlocked nobody can access your actual wallet without having this password. It also allows you to associate BSV addresses to you mobile contacts and make payments by name.
- Handcash Wallet is undoubtly the most user friendly BSV wallet out there. We have ranked it third because it is available only on Android. Its unique feature is that you can receive/send payments through your in-app username.
- CashPay is a new wallet available on mobile for Android users. This is the fastest Bitcoin SV wallet and the only proper SPV wallet (geeks know what that means) available today. In plain language, SPV means that the wallet communicates directly with the BSV network without relying on any centralised server. Upcoming features include the ability to spend your holdings anywhere online or buy BSV from an exchange directly from your wallet.
- ElectrumSV is the best BSV desktop wallet, it also has many features for advanced users such as the Coin splitting tool.
Connect with the BSV community online
Got a question about wallets or bitcoin? Join the bitcoinSV group on Telegram to chat with other early adopters. Need more help from us? Shoot @fivebucksC a DM on Twitter or message us on Facebook for a one-on-one support chat session.